Invisalign continues to be one of the most popular and desired cosmetic treatments for patients due to its conveniences and its teeth-straightening effectiveness. Read on to learn more about the benefits of Invisalign, and make an appointment with a dentist at Cumberland Dental Laser & Cosmetic in Cumberland Park, SA, to have your teeth aligned.
Straightening Your Smile with Invisalign
When your teeth and gums are in good condition, your dentist can safely shift them so that they are in a better alignment. The traditional method has been metal braces, which use brackets, wires, and rubber bands to adjust your smile. However, since the late 1990s, a solution called Invisalign has been available to certain qualifying patients. Replacing the use of metal hardware, flexible plastic trays are used to make the teeth conform to a better alignment. The process is best for patients who have mild-to-moderate orthodontic issues, such as small gaps or crowding.
Benefits of Invisalign
The clearest benefit of Invisalign is that the plastic trays are not easily visible to others while talking or smiling. While metal braces are immediately noticeable to others and likely to receive a few comments, with Invisalign, the transparent nature of the trays will cause most people to not even notice that you are undergoing orthodontic treatment. Another benefit of Invisalign is that you can easily brush and floss your teeth on a daily basis to ensure the maintaintenance of strong dental health throughout your treatment period with your Cumberland Park, SA, dentist.
Feel Confident in Your Smile
Imagine how freeing and relaxed you’ll feel when you finally have a straightened smile that you can be confident about. Approximately 60% of Australians believe that having a nice smile has a positive effect on your confidence and self-esteem according to Orthodontics Australia. With Invisalign, you’ll be making an investment in your smile that won’t interfere much with your lifestyle.
Call for an Invisalign Consultation
Invisalign is a treatment that can be commenced relatively quickly, but you will need to come in for a consultation and exam to ensure that you’re a good candidate for care. Call (08) 8271 6233 today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Jack Gaffey or Dr. Angela Gaffey at Cumberland Dental Laser & Cosmetic in Cumberland Park, SA, today!
When you think of braces, do you picture before and after photos of crooked smiles and their straightened counterparts? Health, however, surpasses smile aesthetics. Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffey of Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA are Smilefast, Invisalign and Six Month Smiles experts who are intensely interested in the health benefits of orthodontics. Learn more here.
The impact of a great smile
The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry affirms that attractive smiles boost self-esteem. Additionally, people notice an attractive smile first--before height, weight, eye color and other physical attributes.
That being said, your dentists in Cumberland Park, SA, offers a wide variety of orthodontic options--conventional metal braces, Smilefast and Six Month Smiles, and inventive Invisalign clear aligners. They give patients a variety of great paths to perfect smiles. The Simple Braces program makes kids' braces affordable for young families.
The health of a great smile
A well-cared for straight smile is always healthier than a crooked, gapped smile. Or, better said, once a child, teen or adult has completed orthodontic treatment, he or she will enjoy many benefits to health and well-being. Examples are:
- Fewer headaches, ear aches and jaw pain
- Clearer speech
- Proper jaw development and tooth eruption in children
- Normalized wear and tear on biting and chewing surfaces due to less grinding and clenching (bruxism)
- Protection against oral accidents (protruding front teeth often chip and crack easily or cause soft tissue irritation and lacerations)
- Reduced incidence of gum disease
- Fewer cavities
- Ease of brushing and flossing
- Stronger bone structure in the jaw
How can braces help you?
The American Association of Orthodontists advises a complete orthodontic evaluation for all children by the age of seven. However, age is never a barrier to orthodontic treatment. Teens and even adults can wear braces or aligners with great benefit to their appearance, self-esteem, interpersonal and professional relationships and oral health. To learn more about Smilefast, why not call Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, for a consultation? The office is open Monday through Friday at 8 am. Phone (088) 271-6233.
If you've decided that metal braces aren't a good option for you due to the cost, appearance, and long treatment time, you'll want to consider Smilefast, an innovative orthodontic system that improves the alignment of your teeth in less than a year and costs less than traditional braces. Smilefast is one of the orthodontic options offered by your Cumberland Park, SA, dentists, Drs. Jack and Angela Gaffey—read on to learn more!
How does Smilefast work?
Smilefast braces are designed to realign teeth in just six to nine months. They're an excellent solution for adults who don't want to wear braces for years and want a subtle straightening option.
The Smilefast system uses digital technology to create a 3D image of your teeth. This image is then used to plan your treatment and choose the optimal placement of the brackets on your teeth for quick results.
What are the benefits of Smilefast?
Smilefast offers several advantages for adults who want to improve their smiles, including:
- No Need to See an Orthodontist: There's no need to make a special trip to see an orthodontist when you choose Smilefast. Your Cumberland Park dentist applies the braces and supervises your treatment during several follow-up appointments.
- Lower Cost: Smilefast is an affordable alternative to expensive metal or ceramic braces. The shorter treatment time means fewer visits to the dentist and a much lower overall cost when compared to metal braces.
- Discreet Straightening: Metal braces are effective, but they definitely attract a lot of attention. In fact, they're often the first thing people notice about you. Conversely, Smilefast braces use clear brackets and tooth-colored wires for a much more subtle straightening experience.
- Versatility: Smilefast not only straightens crooked teeth, but it also addresses crowding/spacing issues and corrects common bite problems, such as underbites and overbites. Although metal braces may be required if you have a complicated orthodontic problem, Smilefast treatment is a good option for many adults. Whether you've always had crooked teeth, or your teeth have shifted through the years, you can benefit from Smilefast.
Straighten your smile with Smilefast! Call your Cumberland Park, SA, dentists, Drs. Jack and Angela Gaffey, at (088) 271-6233 to schedule an appointment.
Feel that you're too old for braces? Think again! Orthodontic treatment can improve your smile no matter what your age is. Read on to find out the benefits of receiving orthodontic treatment from our Cumberland Park, SA, dentist, Dr. Jack Gaffey!
Will braces help me?
Braces are designed to reposition and straighten teeth. Although you may assume that orthodontic treatment is only intended for younger people, it's just as effective for adults.
Orthodontic treatment may be a good option for you if:
- You've been unhappy with your appearance for a long time: No one may tease you about your teeth now that you're an adult, but that doesn't mean that they don't notice your crooked teeth. Smile issues can affect your business and social life and lead to chronic self-esteem issues. Luckily, it's never too late to improve your smile with braces.
- You're uncomfortable: Bite problems can make chewing uncomfortable, but that's not the only problem that they can cause. Depending on the type of bite problem you have, you may constantly cut your gums or tongue with your teeth when you eat. If your teeth don't fit together properly, you may damage your tooth enamel and even crack your teeth. Braces correct both appearance issues and bite problems.
- Your teeth have moved: It's not unusual for teeth to drift a bit when you're an adult. This problem can be particularly distressing if you once had perfect teeth and no longer like what you see when you look in the mirror. Luckily, in as little as six months, you can improve your appearance—Six Month Smiles, a brace system that corrects the position of visible teeth, is an excellent orthodontic treatment option for many adults that want results quickly.
- You're getting too many cavities: Overlapping teeth aren't just unattractive. They also increase your risk of tooth decay. Cavity-causing plaque becomes trapped under the overlapping areas and can't be removed with your toothbrush or dental floss. Braces will straighten your teeth and help you reduce your cavity risk.
Interested? Call our Cumberland Park Office Today!
Are you ready to find out which type of braces are the best option for you? Call your Cumberland Park, SA, dentist, Dr. Jack Gaffey, at (088) 271-6233 to schedule an appointment.
1. Fix Your Smile Problems
Dental braces effectively correct a wide variety of dental issues, including: crooked teeth, gapped teeth, protruding teeth, underbite, cross bite, and overcrowded teeth. Many different types of braces are available including metal braces, ceramic braces, lingual braces, and Invisalign.
2. Avoid Embarrassment
You can straighten your smile discretely. Invisalign is the clear alternative to metal braces for adults, teens, and children. Lingual braces are the same as metal braces, except that the wires and brackets are placed on the back of the teeth. Because the hardware is on the back of the teeth, lingual braces are invisible. Ceramic braces are the same size and shape as metal braces, but they have tooth-colored brackets that blend in with your teeth.
3. Improve Your Appearance
Dental braces can improve your smile and appearance. Dental braces work by applying pressure over a period of time to slowly move your teeth into the desired position. Using a series of aligners, Invisalign treatment gradually moves your teeth toward the smile you have always desired.
4. Eat Whatever You Want
With traditional braces, you have to avoid eating certain foods because they can become stuck next to your teeth. Invisalign aligners can be removed for eating, brushing, flossing, and special occasions. With Invisalign, you're free to eat your favorite foods and never have to worry about your diet damaging your braces.
5. Improve Your Oral Health
A crooked smile can have a negative impact on your oral health. Good oral hygiene is especially important for people wearing dental braces. Crooked teeth are very difficult to clean. Crooked teeth can also cause jaw pain and are sometimes the root of TMJ pain. Dental braces can improve your oral health and prevent oral health problems.
6. Boost Your Self-Esteem
Crooked teeth can affect your self-esteem and cause embarrassment at times. If you have low self-esteem, you may avoid things you find challenging and hide yourself away from social situations. With a straighter smile, you will feel and look better and regain your self-esteem.
Millions of people from all over the world have straightened their smiles with dental braces. Perhaps, it's time you joined them? Don't wait another minute- call Cumberland Dental at (088) 271-6233 today to schedule a consultation in Cumberland Park, SA. Remember, it's never too late to improve your smile.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.