Avoid the uncomfortable and embarrassing metal braces to straighten your smile by choosing Invisalign in Cumberland Park, South Australia, AU. Dr. Jack Gaffey and his team at Cumberland Dental are ready to renew your smile today.
What is Invisalign?
Straightening your teeth using Invisalign involves using customized, clear aligners that apply gentle pressure to shift your teeth slowly over time. Using a 3D scan of your mouth, Dr. Gaffey ensures the aligners fit securely on your teeth. The aligners are made from a thermoplastic material that's trimmed to match your gum's contours.
How Does the Treatment Work
When you start your treatment with Dr. Gaffey, he will insert a customized set of aligners that you will wear for about two weeks. The doctor will then remove the initial set and insert a new set to get your teeth closer to your desired alignment.
With each new set of aligners, you'll move closer to straighter teeth until your smile is fully renewed. In most cases, you'll receive new aligners every two weeks, and the treatment typically lasts between 12 and 18 months. However, it's not uncommon to start seeing results in a couple of weeks.
You'll need to wear the aligners for most of the day. Fortunately, you can remove the aligners for a few hours each day — which isn't an option for metal braces. Here are some situations where you can take your aligners out without affecting the course of your treatment:
- Cleaning the aligners
- Brushing and Flossing
- Attending meetings or social events
- Drinking, eating, or a couple of hours of physical activity
Convenient and Comfortable
Straightening your teeth with Invisalign in Cumberland Park, South Australia, AU at Cumberland Dental with Dr. Gaffey is a convenient and comfortable way to permanently straighten your teeth without the inconvenience of traditional metal braces. You don't need to visit the dentist regularly to have wires adjusted or go to the emergency department when the wires break.
Some patients experience light pressure during the first few days of treatment, but it's a minor inconvenience compared to how uncomfortable it is to adjust to metal braces. One final benefit Invisalign offers over metal braces — it cuts the time it takes to straighten your teeth up to 50 percent compared to traditional metal braces.
To learn more about how Invisalign in Cumberland Park, South Australia, AU works and to find out if this popular teeth straightening treatment option is right for you, call Cumberland Dental and Dr. Gaffey at (08) 8271-6233 today.
Braces help put a bright smile on your face. However, you need to have thorough oral hygiene to prevent other dental challenges during this orthodontic treatment. One of the common problems associated with brace treatment in Cumberland Park, SA, is the development of white spots which alter the appearance of the straightened teeth.
Fortunately, Dr. Jack Gaffey can help you keep smiling after your braces have been removed with some effective tips, but before that, let's look at the common causes of white spots.
What are the Post-Brace White Spots?
These are small white spots that develop on your tooth enamel. They can feel different than the rest of the tooth and are caused by demineralization( decreased minerals in the cause of your orthodontic treatment).
While braces do not always cause white spots, this form of discoloration is indeed more common with people wearing braces. They're mainly linked because braces can make it difficult for an individual to thoroughly clean their teeth. The white spots develop along the gum line or around the edges of the braces. Fortunately, not all brace wearers will get this kind of discoloration.
What Causes White Spots After Braces?
White spots are generally caused by acid erosion from bacteria and sugars in your mouth. Drinking and eating foods and drinks high in acids and sugars can be one of the causes, as it becomes difficult to reach every part of the mouth to remove all the food traces from your teeth. The result is a build-up of bacteria which turn into cavities and plaques. If ignored, white spots can lead to other dental problems.
Preventing White Spots
Dental hygiene is usually to blame when white spots occur after dental treatment with braces. However, your Cumberland Park, SA orthodontist may recommend regular dental visits throughout the orthodontic treatment to catch any signs of white spots and advice on proper dental hygiene at home. To prevent white spots after braces, here are a few practices that can help.
- Brush your teeth daily for at least 2 minutes: Brushing your teeth is the easiest way to keep your teeth clean and healthy. If you have braces, it's even more essential to brush your teeth after every meal to prevent acids and food debris from causing decalcification.
- Floss once a day: Flossing removes any food material that may get stuck on your teeth, such as meat and vegetables.
- Use fluoride mouthwash: Fluoride mouthwash strengthens your tooth enamel.
- Avoid acidic and sugary things: Sugary foods can encourage the growth of bacteria. You can drink more water to flush out the sugar. Acidic foods can be detrimental to your enamel as they can corrode the tooth enamel, weakening it.
- Avoid using bleaching or teeth whitening toothpaste: Using bleaching toothpaste while wearing braces is not necessary or recommended as it doesn't work on the areas the braces have occupied. Whitening works best when the braces have been removed.
- Use sealants: Sometimes, your orthodontist may need to place sealants on your teeth to make them resistant to white spots.
If you notice white spots on your teeth after removing your braces, don't panic. Contact Dr. Jack Gaffney via (088) 271-6233, and he would be happy to help.
When you think of braces, you may think that they’re only for children, but you would be wrong. It is never too late to consider braces to help straighten your smile to what you’ve always wanted! Dr. Jack Gaffey at Cumberland Dental in Cumberland, SA, can help you learn about how braces can help give you the confidence to show off your smile again!
How Braces Can Help You
You may have avoided braces for a while because you weren’t willing to wait for two years to get the straight smile you’ve wanted. Luckily, your dentist in Cumberland, SA, offers Six Month Smiles, which is an easy way to straighten your smile in just six months. Your dentist will determine if you’re a good candidate for braces by examining your smile and addressing what you’d like to fix. Depending on the severity of your smile, it’s possible that treatment may take longer. Your dentist will assess your case and discuss how long treatment may take for your needs.
Your dentist will apply nearly invisible brackets and wires to your teeth, helping you keep an aesthetic look and using the brackets and wires to push your teeth into the correct positions. With this form of braces, you won’t even notice that treatment is happening. Braces are effortless and do all the work for you!
After your treatment time is over, you will have to continue wearing a retainer, but your dentist will recommend a permanent and bonded retainer. With this option, you’ll never have to think about it and it will be invisible to others.
Contact Your Dentist Today!
It’s never too late to straighten your smile! Contact Dr. Jack Gaffey at Cumberland Dental in Cumberland, SA, today to learn more about braces and how they can benefit your smile! Call (088) 271-6233.
Smilefast cosmetic orthodontic treatment from your dentist in Cumberland Park, SA, can give you the spectacular smile you deserve.
Correcting your smile is easier and faster than you think, thanks to the revolutionary cosmetic orthodontic treatment, Smilefast. If you’ve been thinking about a straighter, more attractive smile, then Smilefast is for you. Dr. Jack Gaffey of Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, offers a wide variety of dental services, including Smilefast, to give you the spectacular smile you deserve.
So, what is Smilefast? It’s a revolutionary new way to align your smile quickly and easily. Smilefast combines the best of traditional orthodontic treatment with state-of-the-art 3D technology to provide perfect placement of the brackets and wires, to give you a great outcome.
Smilefast technology also allows you to view what your smile will look like, both before and after your treatment. Smilefast also allows you to view your progress as you go through treatment.
Smilefast has amazing benefits, including:
- It’s attractive; Smilefast uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, so treatment is much less noticeable to people around you. People will see your beautiful smile and not your braces.
- Treatment is easy; thanks to advanced technology, the brackets and wires are placed in an optimal way by your general dentist. You don’t have to see an orthodontist.
- It’s quick; the initial placement of the brackets and wires takes only about 90 minutes, and the average time of completion is 6 to 12 months.
- It’s affordable; because the treatment completion time is quicker, and it’s performed by your general dentist, not a specialist, treatment is much more affordable than conventional orthodontic alternatives.
Everyone knows a straight smile can boost your confidence, and now you can have your own straight smile quickly thanks to Smilefast.
To find out more about the benefits of Smilefast and the Smilefast process, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Gaffey of Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, at (08) 8271-6233. Call today and get started on your spectacular smile with Smilefast!
Here’s how to tell whether you or your teen may need braces.
A beautiful smile is one feature that can help to build your confidence and self-esteem, so if you or your child’s smile is crooked or misaligned you may be wondering whether braces are the right option. Our Cumberland Park, SA, dentists Dr. Jack & Angela Gaffey offer braces for patients of all ages to help them create a smile in which they feel completely confident.
You may need braces if,
- You have teeth that are crowded, twisted, or crooked
- You have gaps or spaces between teeth
- You have trouble properly brushing and flossing your teeth because they are crooked or crowded
- You often bite your tongue or your cheek because of misaligned teeth
- Your teeth don’t properly close together when at rest or when chewing or biting
- You develop speech problems due to jaw or dental misalignments
- You experience clicking or popping noises in your jaw (a sign of misaligned jaws)
- You experience stressed or aching, tired jaws when chewing or speaking
While it’s certainly easy to tell when something feels off with your smile it may be less obvious with your child. Once your child’s permanent teeth erupt our Cumberland Park SA dental team can get a better idea of whether they may need braces. Some signs that your child may need braces:
- Permanent teeth that come in crooked or crowded
- A smile that doesn’t properly fit together when your child bites down
- Early or late tooth loss (for baby teeth)
- Your child sucks their thumb, which can cause teeth to protrude
- Your child is a mouth breather
Should you see a dentist?
It’s a good idea to have your child’s teeth examined by a qualified orthodontist by the age of 7. Early orthodontic interventions can help correct dental issues before they become more serious and lead to further complications. Of course, it’s never too late to get a straight smile. We work with many teens and adults who want to fix everything from gapped or crooked smiles to severely bad bites.
Want a smile that will wow? If you’re interested in getting braces here in Cumberland Park, SA, our dental team can sit down with you to discuss your orthodontic options. Call us at (08) 8271 6233 to schedule a consultation.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.