Smilefast cosmetic orthodontic treatment from your dentist in Cumberland Park, SA, can give you the spectacular smile you deserve.
Correcting your smile is easier and faster than you think, thanks to the revolutionary cosmetic orthodontic treatment, Smilefast. If you’ve been thinking about a straighter, more attractive smile, then Smilefast is for you. Dr. Jack Gaffey of Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, offers a wide variety of dental services, including Smilefast, to give you the spectacular smile you deserve.
So, what is Smilefast? It’s a revolutionary new way to align your smile quickly and easily. Smilefast combines the best of traditional orthodontic treatment with state-of-the-art 3D technology to provide perfect placement of the brackets and wires, to give you a great outcome.
Smilefast technology also allows you to view what your smile will look like, both before and after your treatment. Smilefast also allows you to view your progress as you go through treatment.
Smilefast has amazing benefits, including:
- It’s attractive; Smilefast uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, so treatment is much less noticeable to people around you. People will see your beautiful smile and not your braces.
- Treatment is easy; thanks to advanced technology, the brackets and wires are placed in an optimal way by your general dentist. You don’t have to see an orthodontist.
- It’s quick; the initial placement of the brackets and wires takes only about 90 minutes, and the average time of completion is 6 to 12 months.
- It’s affordable; because the treatment completion time is quicker, and it’s performed by your general dentist, not a specialist, treatment is much more affordable than conventional orthodontic alternatives.
Everyone knows a straight smile can boost your confidence, and now you can have your own straight smile quickly thanks to Smilefast.
To find out more about the benefits of Smilefast and the Smilefast process, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Gaffey of Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, at (08) 8271-6233. Call today and get started on your spectacular smile with Smilefast!
Here’s how to tell whether you or your teen may need braces.
A beautiful smile is one feature that can help to build your confidence and self-esteem, so if you or your child’s smile is crooked or misaligned you may be wondering whether braces are the right option. Our Cumberland Park, SA, dentists Dr. Jack & Angela Gaffey offer braces for patients of all ages to help them create a smile in which they feel completely confident.
You may need braces if,
- You have teeth that are crowded, twisted, or crooked
- You have gaps or spaces between teeth
- You have trouble properly brushing and flossing your teeth because they are crooked or crowded
- You often bite your tongue or your cheek because of misaligned teeth
- Your teeth don’t properly close together when at rest or when chewing or biting
- You develop speech problems due to jaw or dental misalignments
- You experience clicking or popping noises in your jaw (a sign of misaligned jaws)
- You experience stressed or aching, tired jaws when chewing or speaking
While it’s certainly easy to tell when something feels off with your smile it may be less obvious with your child. Once your child’s permanent teeth erupt our Cumberland Park SA dental team can get a better idea of whether they may need braces. Some signs that your child may need braces:
- Permanent teeth that come in crooked or crowded
- A smile that doesn’t properly fit together when your child bites down
- Early or late tooth loss (for baby teeth)
- Your child sucks their thumb, which can cause teeth to protrude
- Your child is a mouth breather
Should you see a dentist?
It’s a good idea to have your child’s teeth examined by a qualified orthodontist by the age of 7. Early orthodontic interventions can help correct dental issues before they become more serious and lead to further complications. Of course, it’s never too late to get a straight smile. We work with many teens and adults who want to fix everything from gapped or crooked smiles to severely bad bites.
Want a smile that will wow? If you’re interested in getting braces here in Cumberland Park, SA, our dental team can sit down with you to discuss your orthodontic options. Call us at (08) 8271 6233 to schedule a consultation.
If a beautiful smile seems impossible to you, think again. At Cumberland Dental, Dr. Jack Gaffey offers discreet Invisalign aligners, the clearly easier way for people just like you to achieve their smile goals. Instead of metal braces, straighten your teeth quickly with Invisalign from your Cumberland Park, SA, dentist.
Is Invisalign right for you?
Most Invisalign patients are teens and adults with mild to moderate smile alignment problems. Poor bite, gaps, overlapping teeth, and more ruin their appearance, self-confidence, and ability to bite and chew properly. And, just like you, they wish to avoid the discomforts and appearance of metal or ceramic braces.
To decide if Invisalign is your best option, see Dr. Jack Gaffey in his Cumberland Dental, SA, office. He'll do a comprehensive oral examination which includes a 3D Invisalign scan. This diagnostic testing determines your candidacy for this innovative orthodontic system and also previews your new smile for you step by step.
Here's how Invisalign treatment works
You'll wear a prescribed sequence of aligner pairs--18 to 30 in all depending on your needs. They are thin, clear, and almost unnoticeable. You wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them to eat, brush and floss or for a special occasion if you wish.
As you advance through your treatment plan, you'll change the aligners to a new pair every two weeks and see Dr. Gaffey at Cumberland Dental every month or so for a progress check. At this visit, you'll receive new aligner pairs.
Along the way, you'll eat healthy foods you always enjoy. Plus, you simply brush, floss, and rinse your aligners and replace them. Oral hygiene is just that easy.
In an average of one year, you'll finish your care plan and have the great-looking, healthy smile you desire. You may wear a retainer to keep that new smile just perfect.
Come see us
At Cumberland Dental, Dr. Jack Gaffey offers Invisalign, today's most successful and discreet orthodontic system. The American Association of Orthodontists says that 20 percent of orthodontic patients are adults. Why not become one of them? Contact our office in Cumberland Park, SA, for more information: (088) 271-6233.
Having misaligned teeth could make anyone feel self-conscious of their smile. Besides that, however, it could likewise lead to the development of various oral health problems like gum disease and tooth decay. Here at Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, our dentists, Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffey, offers a proven solution to correcting crooked teeth in the form of orthodontics.
The Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
- Versatile Treatment. Orthodontic treatment, whether using traditional orthodontics with metal brackets and wires or Invisalign, is easily customizable to an individual’s specific concerns, from slightly misaligned teeth to extremely severe misalignment.
- A Boost of Self-Confidence. Getting a symmetrical and straight smile will promote increased self-esteem and a more positive image of yourself.
- A Perfectly Balanced Bite. When you have crooked teeth, it could lead to premature tooth wear, harder oral hygiene upkeep, TMJ disorders, as well as other related problems. Orthodontics, however, could restore your comfort and keep your oral health in top shape in the long run.
- Easier Oral Hygiene Maintenance. Aside from having a perfectly aligned smile, going about your oral hygiene routine will likewise be easier with straight teeth. You can even ask your dentist in Cumberland Park, SA, to improve your results with orthodontics with cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Can You Benefit From Orthodontics?
The American Association of Orthodontics states that you should ideally undergo your first orthodontic evaluation at seven years old. But it’s never too late for older people to consider orthodontic treatment, particularly with so many orthodontic solutions available these days. With this in mind, seek an orthodontic assessment if you have the following concerns:
- An underbite, where your bottom teeth are protruding past your top teeth.
- An overbite, where your top jaw is protruding farther forward than your bottom jaw.
- An open bite, where there’s a gap between your bottom and top teeth when your jaws meet.
- A crossbite, where your bottom and top jaws don’t meet together as they should.
- Crowded teeth, where your teeth are too close to each other or are overlapping.
- Gapped teeth, where your teeth have too much space between them.
Your dentist will utilize your bite and teeth impressions, x-ray images, as well as other crucial information for developing your orthodontic treatment plan that will resolve your unique orthodontic requirements.
To Find Out If Orthodontics Will Be Suitable For Your Case, Contact Us
Book an assessment here at Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, with Dr. Jack Gaffey or Dr. Angela Gaffey by calling (088) 271 6233.
If you're the typical parent, you want the best health for your child. At Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffey provide a full range of preventive, restorative, and aesthetic dental services, including orthodontic braces. If you're considering braces for your child, here's the information you need to make the right treatment decisions.
What is orthodontia?
It's branch of dentistry specializing in straightening crooked teeth, re-aligning and balancing jaw structure and function, closing smile gaps, and opening overcrowded teeth. Interceptive orthodontics influences the jaw growth and tooth position of very young patients, thus avoiding more invasive and complicated treatment later. The Australian Society of Orthodontists recommends all children receive a comprehensive evaluation between ages eight and 10.
Why should a child get an orthodontic evaluation?
There are many reasons for pediatric braces. You as the parent may already be aware of some of them in your child, or Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffey may see the need for braces as they examine your child during routine check-ups in their Cumberland Park office.
Indicators for orthodontic treatment include:
- Protruding front teeth
- Teeth which appear too large for the mouth
- Impacted adult teeth
- Problems with biting, chewing, breathing or eating
- Consistent snoring
- Teeth which do not close properly
- Early tooth loss due to accident (before age five)
- Consistent thumb-sucking or pacifier habit
What kind of braces are there?
After a complete exam at Cumberland Dental, your dentist will deliver a comprehensive treatment plan to include braces as needed. Kinds of braces include:
- Conventional metal braces
- Lingual (tongue-side) braces
- Ceramic braces (typically tooth-colored)
- Invisalign clear aligners and Six Month smiles for teens and adults
- Space maintainers to keep young teeth in proper position until adult teeth erupt
Life with braces
Good oral hygiene habits keep teeth and gums healthy as your child wears braces. As the parent, it's critical you supervise brushing and flossing. Also, offer healthy food choices--and model them, too. Bring your child to the dental office for routine check-ins through out the course of treatment, and after braces are off, be sure your child wears his or her retaining device to keep that new smile straight and beautiful.
Find out more
Life with braces is a bit challenging. The benefit they provide towards a healthy and happy smile, however, is worth the challenge. Thinking about orthodontic care for your child? Contact Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, for a consultation with Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffey. They'll take you and your child through the evaluation process and show you treatment options as needed. Call the office at (088) 271-6233.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.