Posts for category: Orthodontic Treatment
Smilefast cosmetic orthodontic treatment from your dentist in Cumberland Park, SA, can give you the spectacular smile you deserve.
Correcting your smile is easier and faster than you think, thanks to the revolutionary cosmetic orthodontic treatment, Smilefast. If you’ve been thinking about a straighter, more attractive smile, then Smilefast is for you. Dr. Jack Gaffey of Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, offers a wide variety of dental services, including Smilefast, to give you the spectacular smile you deserve.
So, what is Smilefast? It’s a revolutionary new way to align your smile quickly and easily. Smilefast combines the best of traditional orthodontic treatment with state-of-the-art 3D technology to provide perfect placement of the brackets and wires, to give you a great outcome.
Smilefast technology also allows you to view what your smile will look like, both before and after your treatment. Smilefast also allows you to view your progress as you go through treatment.
Smilefast has amazing benefits, including:
- It’s attractive; Smilefast uses clear brackets and tooth-colored wires, so treatment is much less noticeable to people around you. People will see your beautiful smile and not your braces.
- Treatment is easy; thanks to advanced technology, the brackets and wires are placed in an optimal way by your general dentist. You don’t have to see an orthodontist.
- It’s quick; the initial placement of the brackets and wires takes only about 90 minutes, and the average time of completion is 6 to 12 months.
- It’s affordable; because the treatment completion time is quicker, and it’s performed by your general dentist, not a specialist, treatment is much more affordable than conventional orthodontic alternatives.
Everyone knows a straight smile can boost your confidence, and now you can have your own straight smile quickly thanks to Smilefast.
To find out more about the benefits of Smilefast and the Smilefast process, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Gaffey of Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, at (08) 8271-6233. Call today and get started on your spectacular smile with Smilefast!
Here’s how to tell whether you or your teen may need braces.
A beautiful smile is one feature that can help to build your confidence and self-esteem, so if you or your child’s smile is crooked or misaligned you may be wondering whether braces are the right option. Our Cumberland Park, SA, dentists Dr. Jack & Angela Gaffey offer braces for patients of all ages to help them create a smile in which they feel completely confident.
You may need braces if,
- You have teeth that are crowded, twisted, or crooked
- You have gaps or spaces between teeth
- You have trouble properly brushing and flossing your teeth because they are crooked or crowded
- You often bite your tongue or your cheek because of misaligned teeth
- Your teeth don’t properly close together when at rest or when chewing or biting
- You develop speech problems due to jaw or dental misalignments
- You experience clicking or popping noises in your jaw (a sign of misaligned jaws)
- You experience stressed or aching, tired jaws when chewing or speaking
While it’s certainly easy to tell when something feels off with your smile it may be less obvious with your child. Once your child’s permanent teeth erupt our Cumberland Park SA dental team can get a better idea of whether they may need braces. Some signs that your child may need braces:
- Permanent teeth that come in crooked or crowded
- A smile that doesn’t properly fit together when your child bites down
- Early or late tooth loss (for baby teeth)
- Your child sucks their thumb, which can cause teeth to protrude
- Your child is a mouth breather
Should you see a dentist?
It’s a good idea to have your child’s teeth examined by a qualified orthodontist by the age of 7. Early orthodontic interventions can help correct dental issues before they become more serious and lead to further complications. Of course, it’s never too late to get a straight smile. We work with many teens and adults who want to fix everything from gapped or crooked smiles to severely bad bites.
Want a smile that will wow? If you’re interested in getting braces here in Cumberland Park, SA, our dental team can sit down with you to discuss your orthodontic options. Call us at (08) 8271 6233 to schedule a consultation.
If a beautiful smile seems impossible to you, think again. At Cumberland Dental, Dr. Jack Gaffey offers discreet Invisalign aligners, the clearly easier way for people just like you to achieve their smile goals. Instead of metal braces, straighten your teeth quickly with Invisalign from your Cumberland Park, SA, dentist.
Is Invisalign right for you?
Most Invisalign patients are teens and adults with mild to moderate smile alignment problems. Poor bite, gaps, overlapping teeth, and more ruin their appearance, self-confidence, and ability to bite and chew properly. And, just like you, they wish to avoid the discomforts and appearance of metal or ceramic braces.
To decide if Invisalign is your best option, see Dr. Jack Gaffey in his Cumberland Dental, SA, office. He'll do a comprehensive oral examination which includes a 3D Invisalign scan. This diagnostic testing determines your candidacy for this innovative orthodontic system and also previews your new smile for you step by step.
Here's how Invisalign treatment works
You'll wear a prescribed sequence of aligner pairs--18 to 30 in all depending on your needs. They are thin, clear, and almost unnoticeable. You wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them to eat, brush and floss or for a special occasion if you wish.
As you advance through your treatment plan, you'll change the aligners to a new pair every two weeks and see Dr. Gaffey at Cumberland Dental every month or so for a progress check. At this visit, you'll receive new aligner pairs.
Along the way, you'll eat healthy foods you always enjoy. Plus, you simply brush, floss, and rinse your aligners and replace them. Oral hygiene is just that easy.
In an average of one year, you'll finish your care plan and have the great-looking, healthy smile you desire. You may wear a retainer to keep that new smile just perfect.
Come see us
At Cumberland Dental, Dr. Jack Gaffey offers Invisalign, today's most successful and discreet orthodontic system. The American Association of Orthodontists says that 20 percent of orthodontic patients are adults. Why not become one of them? Contact our office in Cumberland Park, SA, for more information: (088) 271-6233.