Posts for: August, 2018
Thanks to an innovative orthodontic option, it's possible to straighten your teeth without metal wires and brackets. Cumberland Park, SA, dentists Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffe help their patients improve their smiles with Invisalign's clear aligner system.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses removable aligner trays to realign your smile. The clear trays are designed to fit your teeth snugly, ensuring that they're practically invisible when you wear them. Your Cumberland Park dentist takes a series of digital images, X-rays and impressions that are combined to create a 3D image of your mouth. The 3D image is used to create a series of aligner trays that address your particular orthodontic issue. Invisalign is an excellent option if you have common orthodontic issues, such as an underbite, overbite, crossbite or open bite. If your problems are severe or complicated, metal or ceramic braces may be a better choice.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Although appearance is one of the most important benefits for many patients, Invisalign treatment also offers these advantages:
- No Adjustments: You won't require adjustments when you wear Invisalign aligner trays. Simply swapping one set of aligner trays for another at the end of two weeks will help ensure that your treatment is progressing. Aligner trays exert continual pressure on your teeth to help you achieve your straightening goals.
- Excellent Comfort: Invisalign aligners are made of comfortable plastic for your comfort. Since they're wire-free, you'll never have to worry about a cut cheek or lip due to a stray wire.
- No Food Restrictions: Wires and brackets can break or loosen if you eat hard or sticky foods. Fortunately, that's not a problem with Invisalign. You'll remove your aligner trays before every meal and can eat all of the foods you enjoy.
- Easier Oral Hygiene: Brushing and flossing can be very time-consuming when you wear metal or ceramic braces. When it's time to brush and floss, you'll take out your Invisalign trays, follow your normal oral hygiene routine.
- Breaks: Although Invisalign aligner trays are designed to be discreet, you may wish to take them out occasionally. If you're playing a sport or want to attend a special event, you can remove your trays for a few hours.
Straighten your smile with Invisalign! Call Cumberland Park, SA, dentists Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffe at (08) 8271 6233 to schedule your appointment.