Posts for: February, 2020
Of course, you know that braces remake personal appearance, but did you also know that orthodontic treatment improves the health of your smile, as well? Here at Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, Dr. Jack Gaffrey and Dr. Angela Gaffrey offer a variety of orthodontic treatments to boost both your smile aesthetics and dental health.
More about orthodontics
Orthodontic treatment concerns itself with improving smile alignment, jaw function, and bite balance. The American Dental Association (ADA) says that braces make smiles look better and also reduce the chances of:
- Advanced tooth decay
- Periodontal, or gum disease
- Jaw joint dysfunction (TMJ/TMD)
- Dental abscess or infection
- Tooth loss
- Excessive enamel wear
- Headaches, facial pain, and earaches
While orthodontic treatment is best accomplished when someone is young, older teens and adults can benefit, as well. In fact, one out of every five orthodontic patients is 21 or over, according to the American Association of Orthodontists.
Offered orthodontic services
After a complete oral examination and digital imaging, your dentist will present a treatment plan just right for your smile goals and oral health. At Cumberland Dental, we offer:
- Palatal expanders for young mouths who need more room in their upper and lower arches
- Space maintainers which reserve room for incoming adult teeth
- Conventional metal braces
- Tooth-colored ceramic braces
- Lingual braces bonded to the tongue-side of teeth
- Invisalign clear aligners, the invisible way to straighten teeth comfortably and quickly
- Six-month braces, innovative appliances which re-align teeth in the smile zone at the front of the mouth
Whichever way you go...
Know that your health will improve. Besides avoiding oral health problems, braces impact systemic health, too. After all, straightened teeth are easier to maintain, thus reducing the chances of periodontal disease and its associated bacteria and inflammation. The American Academy of Periodontology reports that this inflammation appears linked to heart disease, diabetes, osteoporosis and more.
Additionally, a straight smile improves psychological well-being. People with good smile aesthetics generally experience a boost in self-esteem, a boon to both mental and emotional health.
Change your smile
And, improve your life with orthodontic care from Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA. For a consultation with Dr. Jack Gaffrey or Dr. Angela Gaffrey, please call our office at (08) 8271 6233.