Posts for: December, 2020
If a beautiful smile seems impossible to you, think again. At Cumberland Dental, Dr. Jack Gaffey offers discreet Invisalign aligners, the clearly easier way for people just like you to achieve their smile goals. Instead of metal braces, straighten your teeth quickly with Invisalign from your Cumberland Park, SA, dentist.
Is Invisalign right for you?
Most Invisalign patients are teens and adults with mild to moderate smile alignment problems. Poor bite, gaps, overlapping teeth, and more ruin their appearance, self-confidence, and ability to bite and chew properly. And, just like you, they wish to avoid the discomforts and appearance of metal or ceramic braces.
To decide if Invisalign is your best option, see Dr. Jack Gaffey in his Cumberland Dental, SA, office. He'll do a comprehensive oral examination which includes a 3D Invisalign scan. This diagnostic testing determines your candidacy for this innovative orthodontic system and also previews your new smile for you step by step.
Here's how Invisalign treatment works
You'll wear a prescribed sequence of aligner pairs--18 to 30 in all depending on your needs. They are thin, clear, and almost unnoticeable. You wear the aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day, removing them to eat, brush and floss or for a special occasion if you wish.
As you advance through your treatment plan, you'll change the aligners to a new pair every two weeks and see Dr. Gaffey at Cumberland Dental every month or so for a progress check. At this visit, you'll receive new aligner pairs.
Along the way, you'll eat healthy foods you always enjoy. Plus, you simply brush, floss, and rinse your aligners and replace them. Oral hygiene is just that easy.
In an average of one year, you'll finish your care plan and have the great-looking, healthy smile you desire. You may wear a retainer to keep that new smile just perfect.
Come see us
At Cumberland Dental, Dr. Jack Gaffey offers Invisalign, today's most successful and discreet orthodontic system. The American Association of Orthodontists says that 20 percent of orthodontic patients are adults. Why not become one of them? Contact our office in Cumberland Park, SA, for more information: (088) 271-6233.
Having misaligned teeth could make anyone feel self-conscious of their smile. Besides that, however, it could likewise lead to the development of various oral health problems like gum disease and tooth decay. Here at Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, our dentists, Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffey, offers a proven solution to correcting crooked teeth in the form of orthodontics.
The Benefits of Orthodontic Treatment
- Versatile Treatment. Orthodontic treatment, whether using traditional orthodontics with metal brackets and wires or Invisalign, is easily customizable to an individual’s specific concerns, from slightly misaligned teeth to extremely severe misalignment.
- A Boost of Self-Confidence. Getting a symmetrical and straight smile will promote increased self-esteem and a more positive image of yourself.
- A Perfectly Balanced Bite. When you have crooked teeth, it could lead to premature tooth wear, harder oral hygiene upkeep, TMJ disorders, as well as other related problems. Orthodontics, however, could restore your comfort and keep your oral health in top shape in the long run.
- Easier Oral Hygiene Maintenance. Aside from having a perfectly aligned smile, going about your oral hygiene routine will likewise be easier with straight teeth. You can even ask your dentist in Cumberland Park, SA, to improve your results with orthodontics with cosmetic dentistry treatments.
Can You Benefit From Orthodontics?
The American Association of Orthodontics states that you should ideally undergo your first orthodontic evaluation at seven years old. But it’s never too late for older people to consider orthodontic treatment, particularly with so many orthodontic solutions available these days. With this in mind, seek an orthodontic assessment if you have the following concerns:
- An underbite, where your bottom teeth are protruding past your top teeth.
- An overbite, where your top jaw is protruding farther forward than your bottom jaw.
- An open bite, where there’s a gap between your bottom and top teeth when your jaws meet.
- A crossbite, where your bottom and top jaws don’t meet together as they should.
- Crowded teeth, where your teeth are too close to each other or are overlapping.
- Gapped teeth, where your teeth have too much space between them.
Your dentist will utilize your bite and teeth impressions, x-ray images, as well as other crucial information for developing your orthodontic treatment plan that will resolve your unique orthodontic requirements.
To Find Out If Orthodontics Will Be Suitable For Your Case, Contact Us
Book an assessment here at Cumberland Dental in Cumberland Park, SA, with Dr. Jack Gaffey or Dr. Angela Gaffey by calling (088) 271 6233.