Posts for tag: Adult Braces
Feel that you're too old for braces? Think again! Orthodontic treatment can improve your smile no matter what your age is. Read on to find out the benefits of receiving orthodontic treatment from our Cumberland Park, SA, dentist, Dr. Jack Gaffey!
Will braces help me?
Braces are designed to reposition and straighten teeth. Although you may assume that orthodontic treatment is only intended for younger people, it's just as effective for adults.
Orthodontic treatment may be a good option for you if:
- You've been unhappy with your appearance for a long time: No one may tease you about your teeth now that you're an adult, but that doesn't mean that they don't notice your crooked teeth. Smile issues can affect your business and social life and lead to chronic self-esteem issues. Luckily, it's never too late to improve your smile with braces.
- You're uncomfortable: Bite problems can make chewing uncomfortable, but that's not the only problem that they can cause. Depending on the type of bite problem you have, you may constantly cut your gums or tongue with your teeth when you eat. If your teeth don't fit together properly, you may damage your tooth enamel and even crack your teeth. Braces correct both appearance issues and bite problems.
- Your teeth have moved: It's not unusual for teeth to drift a bit when you're an adult. This problem can be particularly distressing if you once had perfect teeth and no longer like what you see when you look in the mirror. Luckily, in as little as six months, you can improve your appearance—Six Month Smiles, a brace system that corrects the position of visible teeth, is an excellent orthodontic treatment option for many adults that want results quickly.
- You're getting too many cavities: Overlapping teeth aren't just unattractive. They also increase your risk of tooth decay. Cavity-causing plaque becomes trapped under the overlapping areas and can't be removed with your toothbrush or dental floss. Braces will straighten your teeth and help you reduce your cavity risk.
Interested? Call our Cumberland Park Office Today!
Are you ready to find out which type of braces are the best option for you? Call your Cumberland Park, SA, dentist, Dr. Jack Gaffey, at (088) 271-6233 to schedule an appointment.
Braces aren’t just for kids. Find out what options are available to our adult patients.
Who says orthodontic treatment is just for kids? While a lot of kids and teens may get braces it doesn’t mean that the ship to a straighter smile has sailed just because you’re now an adult. In fact, more and more adults are turning to our Cumberland Park, SA, dentists Dr. Jack Gaffey and Dr. Angela Gaffe for braces. Let’s find out how we can help you.
- Dealing with crooked teeth?
- Dealing with uneven spacing between teeth?
- Have an overbite, underbite, crossbite or open bite?
- Are your teeth crowding each other?
If you said yes then braces can certainly help you fix these common issues to get a perfectly aligned smile. Of course, our Cumberland Park, SA, family dentist also understands that adults who require braces have different needs than children and teens. After all, as a kid, you might not mind wearing metal braces on your teeth but adults often don’t want to be seen sporting metal braces to work or around colleagues. While traditional braces are one of the most effective strategies for a straighter smile it isn’t the only option.
In fact, there are a couple of discreet ways to fix your dental issues to give you the smile you want:
Clear Traditional Braces
Traditional braces, as you might already know, use brackets and interconnected wires to shift teeth into the proper position. While traditional braces are often made from metal, patients who require this type of braces to fix more serious misalignments can choose to get clear or tooth-colored brackets, which will make your treatment less obvious to those around you.
Six Month Smiles
Adults often shy away from the orthodontic treatment they require because they loathe the idea of wearing braces for a year or more. Luckily, there is a way to get the results you want without having to wear your braces for more than 6 months. While these braces won’t be able to tackle all issues they are great for handling mild-to-moderate problems.
Instead of applying brackets and wires to your teeth, your dentist will provide you with a set of clear, removable aligners. These customized aligners look like transparent mouthguards and they are designed to shift teeth into their ideal position over the course of several months to a year. This can be a great option for adults and older teens dealing with mild-to-moderate dental misalignments who are dedicated and willing to wear their aligners.
Remember, it’s never too late to get a straighter smile. Turn to the experts at Cumberland Dental to schedule an orthodontic consultation with us. Our Cumberland Park, South Australia general dentists would be happy to sit down with you and discuss the different kinds of braces that could give you the results that you want for a healthier smile.